Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What I'm Celebrating

So I've reached one of my goal weights... That is, I've lost 50 pounds (30 since starting the new diet and 20 before). I'm hoping to lose another 30 by the end of May (my second goal weight). I'm stepping up the exercise. I'm hoping to work in more strength training... especially push ups and more yoga. I would also like to get a DDR game and mat. If I reach my second goal by May (or June), I'm going to go ahead and set a third and final goal of 175 - 180. That's about what I should weigh for my height and build.

In other news... I drew a picture of Goofy for someone at work today (it was Ed's birthday). Within 30 minutes I had 5 or 6 other requests. I drew one of them on my last break so I wouldn't get overwhelmed. LOL. Anyway, I've decided to do more gift art. It keeps me drawing and it's a good way to let everyone I know and work with see what I can do/what I'm all about. I mean, who knows who they know? There are sillier ways to network. LOL. I thought about giving away drawings of Mickeys to guests but I heard another cast member tried to do that and they made her stop. I do still draw at Movieland, though. There's really nothing else to do. But I give those to other cast members. I also plan on drawing some characters for the bulletin boards... now that I'm on the communication team. Poor Toni Ann has such bad pixelated pictures... And it would be a nice thing to leave with the area... I mean, I bitch about Mickey's a lot. But I'm really going to miss it when I leave.

Sandra wants to pay me to draw a Cinderella for her... she's very specific about what she wants, though. It's not a simple sketch (like the others). I don't know that I'll actually charge her, though. I'd be afraid I'd get in trouble for copyright things... Disney really cracks down on that... they don't like people making money from their characters. I'm used to drawing anime... the copyright laws are so different in Japan. Everyone does anime fanart and sells it.

At any rate, I have a lot of drawings to do now. It's amazing how happy it makes people. Being able to draw, I don't get as excited when I see other people draw Disney characters. I suppose I do get excited to see hand painted cels and official art and things like that... I mean, I would love to own an original Amano or see something Miyazaki drew himself. And I could spend hours in art museums. I haven't been to one in ages. I want to go to New York so badly. I'd like to take a week just to visit the museums and see a few shows on Broadway. The statue of liberty and Times Square would be cool... Maybe the Empire State Building too. But what I really want to see is the MoMA... I should just go this summer. Or apply to more jobs/internships in New York. LOL.

Well that's it for now. I'm hoping to have my website up soon. I'll post a link when I do.

1 comment:

  1. Hats off to you on your weight lost!!!! I am very impress. :-}

    ReplyDelete