Wednesday, March 4, 2009

New stuff

So I finally got some business cards. I only got 40 printed up. I'm not 100% sold on the design... but I do like it. But mostly, I don't know what my address is going to be in 2 months and I didn't want to have a bunch of cards I couldn't use.

At any rate, I do have business cards now. And finally bought a domain name and paid for a host... so my website will be up soon. I'm going to be putting a few pages up tonight and tomorrow but it won't be finished until next week. I'm also trying to finish my motion graphics reel, update my resume and graphic design portfolio and finish a short flash animation. All by the end of next week (yeah... I need to stop procrastinating). Needless to say, I'm going to be busy. But when it's all said and done, I'm going to be in a much better position to apply for jobs. I'm going to apply for the professional internships here at Disney again. And then I'm going to apply for everything on jobs/DisneyCareers.com that I can find. And then I'm going to apply for everything else in the world of animation and television that I can find (NBC, Turner, CBS/Viacom, etc). I already have several in mind. I hope I can stay with the Disney company or ABC... but right now I just need a job. Preferably one that uses the skills I went 60,000 dollars in debt to learn at school. After that, I'm going to focus on networking again down here but also more importantly, my 2D animation studies and reel. The ultimate goal is the Talent Development program for recent grads at Walt Disney Animation Studios. I'm going to give it a shot, anyway. I don't know that I'm ready for it but I guess I'll never know unless I try.

So... Busy, busy, busy.

Oh and I am going to design a header for this blog and redesign my myspace profile... among other projects. And I have a ton of gift art to draw. I have to draw Goofy today.

I wish I hadn't given up caffeine...

2 comments:

  1. I only cost like 8.00 for 40 cards... but I could have gotten a much better deal online... I just didn't want to wait for them.

    ReplyDelete