Sunday, January 18, 2009

Random

So I've been listening to the Wicked soundtrack on a loop for 3 days now. I absolutely HAVE TO see this musical. It's playing in Florida this spring in two different cities (both about 3 hours away). I want to see it soooo bad.

My favorite song is Defying Gravity. If you know me you know that's not surprising. Most of my favorite songs have fly in the title or talk about flying. It's the reason why I started liking Hilary Duff.

Ahem... Anyway, getting back to Wicked. It's kind of weird. I'm really obsessed with this... this musical I've never actually seen (though I have read the book it was based on... completely different stories, though... or so I'm told). I thought about doing a Wicked Witch of the West Christmas tree this past Christmas... that and I have this flash animation/parody planned that will actually be sort of fabulous if I ever get it finished. I won't give too much away... I want you to be surprised.

In any case, we have a signed picture of Kristin Chenoweth at Sid's (one of the stores I work in) that I want soooo bad. And I don't usually get into the autographed pictures and stuff (the one exception was the Harry Potter picture signed by Daniel, Rupert and Emma). Anyway, it's her dressed as Glinda. Of course, an Idina Menzel (as Elphaba) would be awesome too... But you can't have everything I suppose. We do have a playbill signed by the current cast of Wicked... which I'd be more excited about had it been signed by the original cast... but I'm a dork about it nonetheless. I talked to this one guest about it for like 20 minutes.

In other news... they're finally painting the Sorcerer's Hat at Hollywood Studios. It used to be like 12 shades of blue. They've got it down to one or two now. The only thing is they've painted the stars and crescent moon yellow. I'm hoping that it's just a primer or something... I mean, they just HAVE to be silver. They just HAVE to be. I guess I'd be less upset about this had I gotten my picture in front of the hat already... but I haven't. Right now they have scaffolding up too. I don't know how long it's going to stay there.

The American Idol Experience is open now. Well, not "officially" open (meaning you can compete and "win" but you don't really win anything... you just get confetti). Anyway, I plan on going either tomorrow or Tuesday with my mom. She's a fan of the show so I think she'll enjoy watching it. Did I mention she's coming to visit tomorrow? Anyway, we're going to go to Magic Kingdom too.

Work has been pretty boring lately. I've been put outside at Main Entrance/Movieland for about a week now. We got some new CPs in but I haven't really had a chance to talk to them. I'm excited, though because they had to change homeroom leaders and I got Toni Ann. I'm also supposed to be on the communications team now.

Diet is still going well.

John Barrowman is hosting a show on HGTV. It makes me happy. But I miss Torchwood and Doctor Who even more now... I wish I could afford to buy a season or two.

Oh and I love string cheese.

2 comments:

  1. i love you comments about american idol (take pics also take pics of the new hat... i didn't know they were painting it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a camera right now. I used to use Greg's all the time because he never used it.

    They wouldn't let me take pics in American Idol because they said it was a sneak peek and they didn't want people taking pics until after the official open.

    ReplyDelete