Friday, January 23, 2009

new manager

So I actually got to talk to one of our new managers today. Apparently she has a degree in art and is interested in product design. I told her about my attempts to get an internship with DDG and meeting with people there. Then I mentioned that I'd like to cross train at the Magic of Animation. Then she says that she did that like a year ago and that she still knew the people to talk to about it. So she's going to email them and see if she can't get me a meet and greet. I'm so excited... but also a little worried. I know that they have done this in the past but they're cutting hours and talking about laying people off and going into hiring freezes. They did away with some of their professional internship positions. And I hear they accepted fewer College Program kids this term too. Stupid economic crisis!

Well, all I can do is try. So that's what I'm going to do. I have a lot of other projects underway as well. My first big one is a logo design and print collateral for my web design business. I hope to have those ready soon. I'll post them soon for everyone to see. I'm also entering the ImagiNations competition. That's going to take up most of my free time in February. Well that and my website.

At any rate... diet is still going well. I think I'm going to have to check out a new belt soon. I need a new notch or two. I've been putting off trying on the smaller size pants at work. Disney sizes are so stupid. You have to get what you think will be two sizes to big anyway. I wonder what Disney size I'll be when I lose the 50 pounds I want to lose? Speaking of Disney sizes... I wonder what my Disney height is? I don't even know my real height is... Somewhere between 5'9" and 5'11" (I think). Didn't quite make it to the six foot mark...

By the way... who is Tom Skerritt? And why is Tim and Eric making a jingle for him? More to the point... why am I watching Tim and Eric? It hurts my head.

1 comment:

  1. i agree with you 100%
    1) stupid economy
    2) stupid disney sizes
    3) i'm not tom skerritt
    4) miss you

    oh yeah you should follow my new blog (ksloss.blogspot.com) yeah i am lame... advertising my self here. lol

    ReplyDelete