Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Stuff

So I haven't posted in a while. Mostly I've been working a lot. Spring breaks have come and we are all getting scheduled 49 plus hours. But it's cool. I can use the extra money.

Lots of things are going on at Disney. Apparently the contract with GM for Test Track at Epcot is up and Disney doesn't know if GM is going to renew... they're one of the car companies in financial trouble right now. Space Mountain is closing soon for a refurb... It's going to be a two seater I think. Aerosmith is supposed to renew their contract with Disney for the Rockin' Rollercoaster. That is, unless the rumors are true and Disney plans on going with a Hannah Montana or Jonas Brothers theme... The Backlot Tour has opened back up. I haven't had the chance to ride it again... but I plan on doing it before I leave in May.

I also plan on taking a trip to Universal and Kennedy Space Center before I leave. I would like to do Sea World too... there's just so much to do. And very little money to do it with.

I'm starting to freak out a little bit. I've been here almost 11 months. I can't imagine life without Disney now. I have applied to the campus rep program (because I'm returning to school part-time). I've also applied to the Disneyland program (though I'm not sure that I'm eligible). And I'm looking for more internships/entry level jobs. I'm probably just going to move back to Ohio for a while, though. I will be happy to see friends and family. But I really need to get out west as soon as possible.

Diet is still going well. I've put off the website and all other art/animation/design projects for the time being. I've decided to make the most of my time left here... get as many pictures and autographs and memories as I can in the next month and a week...

Not much else to report. I did get to go to a Conversations with DDG artists and graphic designers... that was cool. Very informative. It was a little awkward, though. It was just a few days after they lost a third of their staff. Odd time to network. So even Disney is affected by the recession...

On a related note, I've been trying to keep up with Obama... His recent trip outside of the US seems to have gone well. I did see a conservative talk show where they tried to say he was un-American and didn't like him telling the rest of the world that we're all arrogant or something stupid like that. I personally am very happy that the other countries of the world don't hate us as much as they used to.

Okay. So I guess that's it. Today is my only day off. I am finishing up laundry... need to go grocery shopping... and then watch American Idol.

1 comment:

  1. i'm always shocked with your random disney knowledge.
    i didn't even think what what test track was going to do...

    and i would pay to ride rock in roller coaster if it was hannah themed.

    ReplyDelete