Wednesday, April 8, 2009

California

So I might be going to California. I got an email a couple of days ago from recruiting asking me if I wanted to extend my program at Disneyland. At first I didn't think I was eligible (because I'm not eligible to extend my program here at Disney World and I'm not eligible to apply for professional internships here either). I replied to the email anyway. And I got a response back today. Apparently I am eligible. I just need to fill out the application and fax it off by Friday. So I'm going to have one of my managers fill out what they have to fill out and fax it off after work tomorrow. My program here ends May 15th. The Disneyland program lasts May (21st) to August. School would start in September... It just fits so perfectly.

It will take about two weeks to find out if I got it. And I'll have an interview before that... Plus I'm still waiting to hear if I got the campus rep position. I'm already thinking of things I can do to recruit people... I will have the coolest table in the student center.

Anyway, I would love to stay with the Disney company as long as I can... indefinitely if possible. The Disneyland Summer Alumni Program is particularly appealing because it offers housing. I've been wanting to move out there for years now. But without savings or a safety net or a friend's couch... Well I'm a little worried to say the least. This is a great way to get my feet wet out west, network and get my demo reel/portfolio seen by some people in the animation/tv/film industry. Plus... it's Disneyland. The original. Who wouldn't want to work there for the summer? It'll be awesome. But that's if I get accepted. I guess we'll see in two weeks or so.

On a slightly related note... there is still so much I want to do here at Walt Disney World and in Orlando before I leave (for California or Ohio). I am determined to go to the Kennedy Space Center... and maybe SeaWorld. And I'm trying to organize a trip to Universal. I didn't have a pleasant experience at City Walk the one time I went there. So I'm not expecting much in terms of customer service or anything like that. But I would like to see Scooby... and ride a few roller coasters. Just to say I did. Too bad they haven't finished the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Actually, it's too bad Disney didn't get it. It would have been so much cooler. But I will have to come back when that's done.

Anyway... I need to get ready for bed. I have a 7 am shift tomorrow... Just wanted to let everyone know what was going on. I'll try to keep y'all updated as much as possible. But I am working 55+ hours this week and next. And Jenny said something about visiting next week. So I might not be online much...

1 comment: