Friday, April 24, 2009

California or Bust!

So it's official... I'M GOING TO CALIFORNIA! I got the phone call this morning. I was accepted for the Disneyland College Program Summer Alumni Program. I am beyond excited.

I'm going to be a vacation planner/ticket seller (I think I might actually miss merchandise). The program lasts May 21 or 28 till August 16.

Right now I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to drive out or fly. Mom thinks I should fly. But I'd like to have a car out there. The only thing is... I'm kinda scared to drive 3 or 4 days cross country by myself.

Anyway, I have like exactly three weeks left here. I went on a small shopping spree at Cast Connection today to buy some stuff I've been wanting. I still need a few more things that say Hollywood Studios (like the clapboard, the magnet, a frame, etc). I got a Director Mickey statue/Mouscar today. I need to get a plaque and get it engraved... College Program Disney's Hollywood Studios 2008-2009 or something like that.

Graduation is coming up in a week and a half. I hope I win a caricature this time...

Oh and I have 6.5 pounds to lose before I reach my May 15th goal. So yay there.

I'm going to pick my website project back up. Now that I'm going to California I need to get serious about getting my work seen. So look forward to that.

Oh and I'm going to go on a picture taking/character hunting spree... I have autograph books to fill up and now more photo albums and scrapbooks. I'm going to finish my to do list (still have several attractions at MK I haven't experienced). I am going to try to go to Typhoon Lagoon. I think they said its free for cast until the 30th or something. I'm also going to try to go to Universal next weekend with some friends from work. Might even try to squeeze in miniature golf at Fantasia Gardens or Winter Summerland. Why did I wait till the last minute to do all of this?! Oh and I signed up for like three DU classes... LOL.

So yeah. Busy, busy. Hoping to visit home (Ohio) for a few days between programs. Got to get the process started for me going back to school part time in the fall. I'm hoping to be a campus rep. My application didn't get sent in. Stupid people at Chatham front desk... They put in the wrong fax number. So I resent it... but they've already scheduled all the interviews for this round so I have to wait until July before I hear anything. :(

But that's okay. I'm still on cloud 9. I've been wanting to go to California for so long. I want to see everything!

3 comments:

  1. i'm so excited for you... maybe you should make a road trip to iowa on your way to cali (but it may be a bit out of your way).

    ps.. i brought a clap board and it is still in the packaging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still not sure if I'm driving or flying. But that would be so cool.

    I bought a Mouscar at Property Control. It was sooo cheap. And then I went over to Right Block today and asked if they'd engrave a plaque for me (cause it didn't come with one). They said yes. I'm getting one that says "Disney College Program 2008-2009 Mickey's of Hollywood." I'm so excited. It was only like three dollars. I pick it up tomorrow.

    I want a Studios clapboard too. Did you get a Studios one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah i got a studios clapboard
    i'm glad i didn't buy a mouscar... that would make my disney collection a little to intense

    ReplyDelete